Friday, June 29, 2012

So, just because I've been slacking on writing this blog doesn't mean I've been slacking on the diet... shocking, I know. I've been sticking to it relatively well for a person of limited means (money, time, sanity, etc) but I do feel like I've been making some progress. I don't weigh myself, just because I feel like there are so many factors that effect weight. And realistically, I don't care if I weigh 170 lbs or 90 lbs as long as I look healthy, and I feel happy with myself. I'd much rather measure my progress by which pairs of jeans I don't have to struggle to zip up anymore, and how many mirrors I stop avoiding.

Anyways, it's been going well. I've had a couple slip ups in the form of a bagel or two, but I am only human. It was surprisingly easy to cut out dairy from my diet, with the exception of milk in my coffee at Tim's. Even when I'm at home I use almond milk for all my coffee, tea, etc. I've even started putting honey in my coffee.. I have no idea if it's actually a healthier substitute for granulated sugar, but it makes me feel a bit better about it. Other than cheese, it was easy for me to stop with a lot of dairy because I'm not the hugest fan of ice cream, yogurt, chocolate, or any other cow bi-products. What I started noticing was how much it actually affected me when I did cheat. I felt lethargic and crampy... basically like garbage. That feeling alone is what motivates me to stay away from those foods. The results aren't exactly drastic right now, but I'm noticing them in myself which is good. It's hopeful.

I've also noticed myself eating a lot less. I'm hungry less frequently, and it's a lot more inconvenient to make food for myself when I'm bored/emotional/pms-ridden, which at first ripped me apart because midnight snacks are probably my favourite meal of the day. But my eating is controlled, it's healthier food, and it's at regular times. I'm still getting a good nutritional balance because although I have cut out some pretty drastic food groups, I'm getting their benefits from alternate sources. Carbs for example... everyone knows it's never good and totally idiotic to cut out carbs for an extended period of time. So, the Jesus bread comes in quite handy, and it's actually really good. I'm taking all my vitamins, still making sure I have everything covered because the point of this diet isn't for me to suddenly drop 40 lbs and be a lingerie model... I just want to be happy, healthy and strong.

My verdict thus far is that this is going pretty well and I'm going to keep it up. I haven't had much time to excercise, but i'm still fitting in a bit. That'll be step 2... probably. I'll get around to it eventually. If you're comitted enough to change how you eat, then I reccomend looking up your specific diet because I'm really noticing a difference in myself.

I'm going to start posting some recipes eventually, so if you have any requests let me know!

Hope all you crazy kids have a good Canada day weekend! (I'll do my best not to cheat..)
ChelC-3P0

No comments:

Post a Comment